Monday, September 1, 2014

The First of a Hundred Happy Days

This morning I had a very timely reminder that I have so much to be grateful for.  That, coupled with the fact that I haven't written in my journal for over two years served as kind of a wake-up call. I've seen a few friends participate in the "100 Happy Days" challenge. I know it's normally an Instagram thing, but this is something that I really want to remember so blogosphere - sorry, but you're my captive audience. With my goal to start over, I've decided to stop with the junk food diet and start eating healthier. For the past little while I've been perfecting a copycat version of a strawberry smoothie bowl a la everyone's favorite smoothie shop. And today, I've perfected it.

Strawberry Smoothie Bowl

You'll Need:
1/3 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons milk (I used 1%)
1 cup frozen strawberries
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1/4 cup granola (I used Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax Granola)
1 tablespoon Blue Agave Nectar
1/2 a banana

Instructions

1. Place the Greek yogurt, milk, strawberries, peanut butter and 2 tablespoons of the granola in a food processor or blender.

Displaying photo.JPG Displaying image.jpeg.

2. Pulse until all the ingredients are just combined. (Sorry that I don't have more pictures of this process. I had to go down to the garage to run the food processor since my roommate was still asleep.)

Displaying image.jpeg

3. Spoon the smoothie into a bowl. Top with remaining granola, sliced bananas, and drizzle with blue agave nectar.















Eat and enjoy an instantly happy day!

(BTW, this recipe gives you a full serving of fruits and almost 2/3 of your daily serving of protein. Ringing in at just under 400 calories, it's a deliciously awesome breakfast!)

No comments:

Post a Comment